[openib-general] IPoIB still not working

Woodruff, Robert J robert.j.woodruff at intel.com
Fri Dec 10 08:50:01 PST 2004

>[1102546997:000053389][18007] -> osm_mcmr_rcv_join_mgrp: ERR 1B11:
>method = SubnAdmSet,scope_state = 0x1, component mask =
>0x0000000000010083, expected comp mask = 0x00000000000130c7.

>This is the IPv4 equivalent of what the previous post on All Routers
Multicast
>Group.

>For some reason, your node is joining this as send only (which attempts
>join rather than create) the underlying IB multicast group for this IP
multicast group.
>I'm not sure how the Linux network stack decides this.

>-- Hal

In comparing the behavior of my EM64T system against Seans 32-bit
systems,
I see Sean's stack only joining mcast group's c0000 and c0001, the 2
created
by openSM. For some reason, my stack also creates an additional 2
groups.
The first one C002 appears to get created OK. The next one, it seems to
try to do the join without create, as seen above.
I will try compare the .config files from Sean and my system to see what
are the differences in the network stack configuration,
but it seems to be related to how the network stack is configured.

woody