[openib-general] IPoIB still not working

Hal Rosenstock hnrose at earthlink.net
Fri Dec 10 14:12:06 PST 2004

Woodruff, Robert J wrote:
> I was able to get rid of the multicast join errors by removing various
> network services
> from starting up. Now I see no errors in joining multicast
> groups, since I am only joining the 2 default ones, but I still cannot
> ping on EM64T
> with the PCI-E HCAs.

Those join errors were not on groups which would have anything to do with
ping. The only group which matters for that is the broadcast group.

You now have the same problem as others have reported with PCI-E HCAs.
I believe the 4.6 released firmware (RSN) is supposed to fix this.

> I cannot back up to the 4.3.5 firmware or any other firmware rev,
> because the MST tools don't work on my 2.6 based system.

I thought there was a workaround patch for the invariant sector using
tvflash.