[openib-general] IPoIB still not working

Hal Rosenstock halr at voltaire.com
Tue Dec 21 09:07:03 PST 2004

Hi Josh,

[You wrote:]
I've tried with the latest from
SVN as well as the exact same kernel/rootFS you were using, and I still
can't ping between nodes.  I'm just doing 'modprobe ib_mthca; modprobe
ib_ipoib; ifconfig ...; ping ...' on the same two nodes.  Am I missing
something?

Anything in /var/log/messages on any of the nodes ?

Is the ping directed at a specific IP address or to the subnet broadcast address ?

Is this PCIe nodes or PCIX ones or both ?

Are you at 4.6.1 now on all your PCIe HCAs ? Not sure whether 4.5.3 does indeed work but it sounds like something has changed for the worse since Roland had it working.

Thanks.