[openib-general] osm

shaharf shaharf at voltaire.com
Thu Dec 23 14:02:26 PST 2004

________________________________

From: Tom Duffy [mailto:tduffy at sun.com]
Sent: Thu 12/23/2004 11:10 PM
To: shaharf
Cc: openib-general at openib.org
Subject: Re: [openib-general] osm

On Sun, 2004-12-19 at 20:26 +0200, shaharf wrote:
>             Hopefully everything will compile and install and then you
> can run opensm by
>
>                         $OPENIB_ROOT/bin/opensm &
>

>             It will run on the first existing port. Plese verify that
> it is active. You can override that by using "-g portguid_in_hex". On
> any case of problems that you want me to assist, please run the opensm
> with -V and send me the log file (/tmp/osm.log).

How is a port supposed to be active without an SM running?

-- You are completely right - I feel foolish.... What I really should meant is that the port should be Physically UP. Unfortunately, there is no sys file for that right now. I hope that it will be fixed soon.

>             Don't forget to modprobe ib_umad and configure udev before
> using the userspace staff.

When you say configure udev, what do you mean?  I have /dev/umad[01]

-tduffy

-- Please read Roland's doc on user mad (linux-kernel/doc or something similar). If it won't help I will send you my configuraion next Sunday. I am not sure that this is your problem. I will look into it on Sunday. In the meanwhile, can you recheck with the latest version?

Shahar