[openib-general] osm

Tom Duffy Tom.Duffy at Sun.COM
Thu Dec 23 14:48:13 PST 2004

On Thu, 2004-12-23 at 17:40 -0500, Hal Rosenstock wrote:
> I think the reason for this has been answered.

Yeah, I am about to try with modified libumad to open the right device.

> Is port 1 plugged into anything ? It should get to INIT without the help
> of a SM.

Right, that was my first problem.  I installed this new machine
yesterday and forgot to plug the cable in.  That is fixed now.

It turns out that opensm will loop trying to open the port if the port
is DOWN printing something like this:

OpenSM[9009]: SM port is down.

-tduffy