[openib-general] Problem with userspace tree structure

Roland Dreier roland at topspin.com
Mon Dec 27 08:36:59 PST 2004

    shaharf> I am not sure everything in usermode is separate
    shaharf> project. For example, osm, util, lib* do belong to the
    shaharf> same package. The dependencies argument is for handling
    shaharf> everything under the same root. You are correct about the
    shaharf> remake problem, but this is just a bug - forgot to
    shaharf> include the .depend file - it is fixed now. You have a
    shaharf> point that there may be some directories that should be
    shaharf> separate projects (even if not independent).  When we
    shaharf> will have such projects, we should re-structure the
    shaharf> tree. If you think it is very important to have such
    shaharf> multi trees environment right from the start, I don't
    shaharf> really care (it is just one more directory name to type)
    shaharf> as long as everything required by the opensm can be made
    shaharf> by a single make.

We already have osm, diags, and tvflash which are all independent.
I'll commit directories for libibvers and libmthca, which will be two
more independent projects.  Presumably MPI and possibly DAPL/ITAPI
will start work soon.  That makes at least 6 or 7 independent packages
under userspace, so I'd prefer to get the tree structure correct now.

 - Roland