[openib-general] VAPI like API

Sean Hefty mshefty at ichips.intel.com
Thu Jul 29 09:08:53 PDT 2004

On Thu, 29 Jul 2004 09:49:11 -0400
Hal Rosenstock <halr at voltaire.com> wrote:

> I think it's more than debug printing. It's anything that makes any
> of this visible to a user (e.g. network management applications, etc.).

For any application to make use of these values, they must all be in the same format.  The current implementations require converting *some* of the values from host to network order (or vice-versa), while others are already converted.  The data in MADs will be in network order, while we have a choice at the access layer API.