[openib-general] VAPI like API

Sean Hefty mshefty at ichips.intel.com
Thu Jul 29 10:29:45 PDT 2004

On Thu, 29 Jul 2004 09:55:32 +0300
Dror Goldenberg <gdror at mellanox.co.il> wrote:

> What's wrong with the name ? They *are* really fast memory regions.

I should have said "fast memory registration" instead of regions.  And I didn't say that anything was wrong with the name, just that VAPI and the spec used similar names for different registration processes.

> I think that the names will never conflict.

I agree.  I was only suggesting a name change to help avoid confusion, but I didn't have anything in mind.  I was going to leave the calls as they are for now.