[openib-general] ib_modify_qp() too many arguments

Grant Grundler iod00d at hp.com
Wed Nov 3 12:07:24 PST 2004

On Wed, Nov 03, 2004 at 11:24:02AM -0800, Roland Dreier wrote:
>     Grant> 1) drivers/infiniband/include/ still has alot of files
>     Grant> still prefixed with "ts".  Do they all need to be renamed?
>     Grant> Or do some need to be reworked to match some new
>     Grant> interfaces?
>
> I think pretty much every ts_*.h file is obsolete.  When we port the
> CM to the new world, we'll have to update ts_ib_cm.h but it needs
> quite a bit of work.

ok

> We're going to create an actual gen2/trunk very soon with the first
> set of stuff for kernel submission, and I'll remove all the broken
> stuff from there (I'll keep the CM etc on my branch so that it can
> eventually be fixed and added to the trunk).

I don't mind broken stuff in the candidate branch.  Especially if it's
something that we need anyway and just needs "the dots connected".
Fixing missing symbols is usually a pretty mundane task. Goes something
along the line of:
1) look for similar new symbol
2) find old symbol in old code
3) compare the two and see how they differ.
4) either use the new symbol and adjust code around the reference,
   drop reference to old symbol, or ask what to do.

thanks,
grant