[openib-general] More on IPoIB Multicast

Hal Rosenstock halr at voltaire.com
Tue Nov 9 09:07:56 PST 2004

Hi Roland,

If a multicast send is attempted and the node is not joined to the
multicast group which is the destination of the send, a send only join
(which is neutered due to lack of SM support) is assumed. Is my
understanding correct ?

Linux also supports multicast routing. For this case, I think a non
member join is needed. I'm not sure how to detect which of the join
cases to use.

Also, for multicast routing, the multicast group created/removed traps
would need to be subscribed to (and the SM would need to support these).
Does anyone know if OpenSM does support this ?