[openib-general] Upstream submission

Doug Ledford dledford at redhat.com
Mon Nov 15 10:52:26 PST 2004

On Mon, 2004-11-15 at 08:52 -0800, Roland Dreier wrote:
> Just to focus our minds, I would like to propose that we aim to post a
> first version of InfiniBand patches for review to linux-kernel next
> Monday, November 22.

Boo! ;-)

I'll echo the sentiment that this is a good idea.

While I'm piping up I'll go ahead and introduce myself.  I'm a kernel
engineer for Red Hat (been here about 6 years).  I've been assigned the
task of helping aid integration of the OpenIB work into our products.
Obviously, upstream inclusion makes my task easier, so that's certainly
welcome.  I've also been assigned the task of assisting with ongoing
development efforts.  It'll be a little bit before I'm up to speed on
things and able to effectively contribute (well, that and I'm going to
have to line up some test hardware).

I started out by subscribing to this list and lurking in the background.
Been here about 3 weeks now.  Next I'm planning on doing what's
necessary to get access to the current IB specs and downloading the
current code base and starting to familiarize myself with the spec and
the current state of the code base.  By the time I've made myself
familiar with things I will have hopefully worked out the hardware issue
and be able to get to work.

Suggestions for items I can read, web sites I should visit in order to
help get me up to speed, etc. welcomed.

I'm sure you'll hear more from me in the future ;-)

--
  Doug Ledford <dledford at redhat.com>
         Red Hat, Inc.