[openib-general] smpdump and current MAD layer

Hal Rosenstock halr at voltaire.com
Tue Nov 30 10:15:48 PST 2004

Hi,

I believe there is an issue with smpdump (or gmpdump) and just want to
make sure I am not forgetting something as I am want to do :-)

Each received MAD can only have 1 client which "owns" it. That client is
either determined via solicited routing or version/class/method (and
soon OUI) routing.

So solicited MAD responses cannot currently be snooped nor can
unsolicited ones for which an agent is registered (Since SMA and PMA are
currently firmware based, the latter is not an issue for the current
implementation).

Is the above correct ? If so, do you see a "clean" way around this ?

Thanks.