[openib-general] smpdump and current MAD layer

Sean Hefty mshefty at ichips.intel.com
Tue Nov 30 14:57:10 PST 2004

Hal Rosenstock wrote:

>>I guess filtering can be done above the MAD layer,
>
> That seems like the right way to go to me.

Same here.

> Then there are really only 2 snoopers at the MAD level (SMI, GSI). Any
> additional demux (snoopers) would be done above the MAD level.

I was referring to allowing multiple clients snoop QP0/1 traffic.  To
implement this, it seems that we'd only need a single list per QP per port.

>>Also, would snooping include redirected QPs?  I think that
>>we can support this.
>
> Once a QP is redirected, is the MAD layer still involved in handing off
> the receive completions for that QP ?

Currently, the API expects the user to call ib_process_mad_wc for
*some* send or receive completions: those associated with RMPP and for
requests/responses.  We can state that users of redirected QPs should
always call ib_process_mad_wc for any MAD related work completion, but
that isn't strictly enforceable as long as the user controls the CQ.