[openib-general] [ANNOUNCEMENT]: MAD layer with SMI/SMA Pre Release

Hal Rosenstock halr at voltaire.com
Tue Oct 5 17:41:56 PDT 2004

All the bits for the MAD layer with SMI/SMA are now in the
openib-candidate branch.

The OpenIB access layer is comprised of the MAD layer and the SMI/SMA.
These are currently implemented as separate modules. These are layered
on top of the mthca driver and cannot run currently with the MAD layer
from the roland_merge branch. These directions are how to combine the
two for building and running. Note also that the stack currently ends
here (e.g. don't expect to run IPoIB right now, although we are heading
to this; especially don't expect to run SRP or SDP or u/kDAPL right now
either).

There is a README in src/linux-kernel/infiniband/access which also
contains building and using instructions.

There are a number of things I would like to do before formally
announcing it but for anyone who is adventurous:
Run through install and build process from scratch.
Test GSI sending and matching now that port is active.

Other Pending Items:
Add virtual address to the ud parameter in ib_mad_send.
There is a workaround on the hop pointer in ib_smi.c which needs a real
fix.
Investigate TID endian.
Redo MAD completion handler error handling.
Trim method mask used in ib_smi.c
Undo commenting out of ib_mad_send in mthca_mad.c

I will knock some of these off by early tomorrow.