[openib-general] [ANNOUNCEMENT]: MAD layer with SMI/SMA Pre Release

Roland Dreier roland at topspin.com
Tue Oct 5 18:03:21 PDT 2004

>From the README:

    > Note that starting ib_al does not yet cause ib_mthca to be started.

I would delete the "yet" in that sentence.  There is no reason for the
core IB layer to load any low-level drivers, any more than eg "modprobe
ipv6" should load e1000.

On a modern distro, hotplug should load ib_mthca automatically if any
HCAs are installed (in fact for development I have to manually disable
this to avoid broken versions getting loaded during bootup).

 - R.