[openib-general] Questions about SMI

Roland Dreier roland at topspin.com
Tue Oct 12 15:57:17 PDT 2004

    Hal> Sounds like the driver is the only place where this can be done then.

Do you mean that the mthca driver should snoop on receive completions
on QP0 and look for traps with SLID==0?  This seems pretty awkward
(since the MAD layer is going to lose those receive completions, how
do we handle freeing the MAD memory, etc., etc) and doesn't really
seem practical.  The last time we discussed this I thought we reached
the conclusion that the MAD layer should give the low-level driver a
look at every MAD before doing agent dispatch, eg:
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.drivers.openib/4264

 - R.