[openib-general] Kernel 2.6.9

Roland Dreier roland at topspin.com
Fri Oct 22 13:26:57 PDT 2004

    Hal> I do not understand why the lack of the timeout code or the
    Hal> replacement of the MAD thread with a workqueue needs to be
    Hal> completed before you can integrate. I think there is
    Hal> sufficient functionality there now to get this up and
    Hal> running. The code will continue to evolve anyhow.

    Hal> The changes that have made and put into the openib-candidate
    Hal> tree make it possible to not have to pull it into your tree
    Hal> and track all the changes.

My general policy is that I don't commit changes that break IPoIB on
my tree.  If I cut over to using new MAD code (+ new SA query API etc)
without the new MAD code in my tree then my tree is broken.  So I want
to wait until the major work on the MAD code is done before I put it
on my tree.  Also my new SA code isn't quite done anyway.

In any case I think I'll integrate the new MAD stuff on Monday no
matter where it stands, and we can just deal with merging changes back
and forth.

 - R.