[openib-general] Handling SM class (SMInfo vs. other queries)

Sean Hefty mshefty at ichips.intel.com
Mon Oct 25 10:27:52 PDT 2004

On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 10:08:51 -0700
Roland Dreier <roland at topspin.com> wrote:

>     Hal> OK. It's pretty straightforward to change the MAD layer to
>     Hal> use PLM rather than snoop MAD (and remove snoop_mad (undo
>     Hal> that patch)). Should I post the changes ?
>
> It's my idea so I certainly like the approach :)
>
> Sean, what do you think?

I think that it makes sense, but just to make sure that I'm clear on this.  We want to pass every received MAD to the HCA driver before any processing has occurred on the MAD, correct?  If the MAD is not consumed by the driver, the MAD layer may update the MAD and call process_local_mad a second time, correct?  Or are we only talking about calling process_local_mad for all received LID routed MADs?