[openib-general] Handling SM class (SMInfo vs. other queries)

Roland Dreier roland at topspin.com
Mon Oct 25 10:34:09 PDT 2004

    Sean> I think that it makes sense, but just to make sure that I'm
    Sean> clear on this.  We want to pass every received MAD to the
    Sean> HCA driver before any processing has occurred on the MAD,
    Sean> correct?

That's my plan...

    Sean> If the MAD is not consumed by the driver, the MAD
    Sean> layer may update the MAD and call process_local_mad a second
    Sean> time, correct?

Sure, I guess so -- nothing should break if the MAD layer does this
(since the driver can't remember that it already saw the MAD).  But
when do you see this being done?  If the driver didn't handle the MAD
the first time around, it's unlikely to do anything different on the
second try (unless the MAD layer does something extreme like change
the attribute ID, and I can't think of a time when we'd do something
like that).

 - R.