[openib-general] OpenIB SWG Face to Face 9/9 Meeting

Grant Grundler iod00d at hp.com
Fri Sep 10 13:49:46 PDT 2004

On Fri, Sep 10, 2004 at 12:37:47PM -0700, Woodruff, Robert J wrote:
> Jim, is there anything in the openib.org promoters agreement or bylaws
> that prevents openib.org maintainers from giving others (non-promoters)
> write access to the SVN tree?

My comments on based on what I've read here:
	http://openib.org/pipermail/openib-general/2004-June/002712.html

I'm sure Tim Witham would be pleased to hear/see something different.

(and kudos to whoever switched the mail archive to pipermail)

> If not, then I think that as long as all
> the people on the list want to allow someone to have write access, I see
> know reason why we could not allow it ?

Most open source project maintainers quietly build consensus based
on the quality/frequency of patches (and based on those metrics I don't
qualify for write access). In other words, only active developers *with*
write access have a say in who else gets write access.

hth,
grant