[openib-general] ib_mad.c comments

Hal Rosenstock halr at voltaire.com
Mon Sep 13 10:22:16 PDT 2004

On Mon, 2004-09-13 at 12:51, Sean Hefty wrote:
> Personally, for an initial implementation, I'd just go with
> posting work requests, and generate completions for sends that
> cannot be posted.  This should be fairly trivial to implement,
> yet still work.
The two implementation "issues" I see with this approach are:
1. Which completion code to hand back ? Is IB_WC_GENERAL_ERR the best
one ? This is a nit.
2. The context for the callback might be different between the overrun
of post send and a real send completion. If this would cause extra code
to be written to handle this, I would just prefer to hand back the
post_send error for now as this is not expected to be the normal case. I
will handle deferred sends once things are basically working.

> Yes, I'd go with a list per QP.
The implementation has been changed to be a list per QP.