[openib-general] [BUG] Byte swapped Pkeys

Tom Duffy tduffy at sun.com
Wed Sep 15 13:44:54 PDT 2004

So, I am trying to use the Sun subnet manager on my IB network (to test
compatibility with openib).  Our SM uses a pkey of 7FFF.  This runs on
Solaris on sparc64 (BE system).  What I have noticed is that since
switching to mthca (from the old ib_tavor), openib is (not) byte
swapping the pkey properly on LE systems.

We have hooked up an IB analyzer to indeed verify that openib is sending
FF7F over the wire for the pkey.

I am still investigating why this is happening, but I would like to
suggest that we change all the pkeys in openib to use 0x0BB0 other than
0xFFFF from now on so that we can be sure to see clearly when things are
not going out network endian ;)

-tduffy