[openib-general] [BUG] Byte swapped Pkeys

Hal Rosenstock halr at voltaire.com
Wed Sep 15 14:09:20 PDT 2004

On Wed, 2004-09-15 at 16:44, Tom Duffy wrote:
> We have hooked up an IB analyzer to indeed verify that openib is sending
> FF7F over the wire for the pkey.

Are you referring to OpenSM here ?

> I am still investigating why this is happening, but I would like
> to suggest that we change all the pkeys in openib to use 0x0BB0
> other than 0xFFFF from now on so that we can be sure to see
> clearly when things are not going out network endian ;)

I'm not familiar with "0x0BB0 other than 0xFFFF" but clearly you mean a
PKey which is different in big and little endian. We probably would
still want to use a full rather than limited PKey. Also, I'm not sure
what the state of OpenSM is relative to using PKeys other than the
default partition (assuming you were referring to OpenSM).