[openib-general] mthca startup problem

volta104 at mail.netvision.net.il volta104 at mail.netvision.net.il
Tue Sep 21 11:42:10 PDT 2004

[Roland wrote:]
Actually -16 is -EBUSY, which means that a FW command timed out.  In
fact the CONF_SPECIAL_QP command in mthca_init_qp_table() is the first
FW command where we try to use interrupt-driven mode.  So it seems
that the driver is not receiving interrupts from the device.

Typically this problem means you have interrupt routing issues with
your BIOS or kernel.  You can try the usual things like booting with
"acpi=off", looking for a BIOS update, etc.

I have been running with acpi=off on my boot line (and also disabled ACPI
in the BIOS). Is that what the BIOS update would be for ?

The machine is a dual processor Opteron running in 32 bit mode.

In any case, I have tried numerous combinations and still can't seem to get
that first interrupt from the HCA. How do I go about debugging this ?

Thanks.