[openib-general] IPoIB Loading and Starting

Hal Rosenstock halr at voltaire.com
Thu Sep 23 07:10:04 PDT 2004

Hi,

I have a couple of questions about IPoIB loading and starting.

1. It appears I need the following modules in this order:
core/ib_client_query.ko
core/ib_sa_client.ko
ulp/ipoib/ib_ipoib.ko
ulp/ipoib/ib_ip2pr.ko
Any others ? I presume ib_pr2pr is needed. What happens if it is not present ?

2. After all the above modules are loaded, do I just configure the ib0/1 interfaces ?
Something like:
/sbin/ifconfig ib0 192.168.0.101 netmask 255.255.255.0 up

Does anything else need to be done before it should work (other than an SM bringing these links to active) ?

Thanks.