[openib-general] ib_mad shutdown WC status code ?

Dror Goldenberg gdror at mellanox.co.il
Sun Sep 26 12:53:21 PDT 2004

completing the list...

-----Original Message-----
From: Dror Goldenberg [mailto:gdror at mellanox.co.il]
Sent: Sunday, September 26, 2004 8:17 PM
To: Sean Hefty; Fab Tillier
Cc: openib-general at openib.org
Subject: RE: [openib-general] ib_mad shutdown WC status code ?

If link goes down, UD QP will go on "sending" the packets as
if link was up all the time. You wouldn't get flushed WQEs in this
case for a UD QP.  Receive queue is unaffected by the link
going down.
In general, for UD QPs, you'll get flushed WQEs when the QP
moves to the error state and that seldom happens. The exact
scenarios for this to happen (hopefully I don't miss anything):
- s/g element points at a wrong address/protection error
- HCA can't fetch a WQE (e.g. bus error)
- manually move the QP to the error state (modify QP)

-Dror