[openib-general] Re: IB design docs/links

Roland Dreier roland at topspin.com
Tue Sep 28 16:33:28 PDT 2004

    Krishna> Is there any written document with details of the design
    Krishna> of MAD and other layers ? Or are these discussions
    Krishna> completely online (I admit I missed them in the large
    Krishna> volume of mails). If there are documents, I request that
    Krishna> they be included in the toplevel directory of the
    Krishna> submission tree (similar to Documentation directory) so
    Krishna> that people like me who are new to this field can look at
    Krishna> it to understand the code (and it will also be useful for
    Krishna> anyone wanting to contribute in a particular area).

We are following the usual Linux development style: reach consensus on
the mailing list and then implement the code.  As such there is no
documentation beyond the header files and the mailing list archive.

    Krishna> Roland, what is the roland-merge directory exactly ? Is
    Krishna> it the topspin stack that you are modifying to finally
    Krishna> add to the openib-candidate directory ?

It is the tree where I work on my code.  Some of the code originally
came from the Topspin stack, while other code (eg the mthca driver)
has been written from scratch for OpenIB.  The ultimate disposition of
this code is still to be determined.

Thanks,
  Roland