Fwd: Re: [openib-general] static LID computation with TS_HOST_DRIVER

David M. Brean David.Brean at Sun.COM
Wed Sep 29 07:09:47 PDT 2004

Hello,

A couple of clarifying statements about this problem:

1) assignment of the IP address to the platform ethernet during boot has
nothing to do with LID assignment.  [If it does, why is there a
relationship?]

2) in the version of the software Tom is using, the ib_mthca driver will
pick a LID if it doesn't find an IB port in the ACTIVE (or ARMED)
state.  This is a hack and Roland has removed the hack from the latest
version of the software.

If both (1) and (2) are true, is there still a plan to implement a
mechanism where the applications can create connections before the SM
assigns a LID and brings the port up to ACTIVE state?  [I hope the
response is "no".]

-David