[openib-general] Repost: AIO SDP and ttcp.aio: Event errors

Steven Wooding steve at wooding.uklinux.net
Tue Apr 12 13:08:15 PDT 2005

Hi,

I have been putting ttcp.aio through its paces and have a few questions.

1. When -l is larger than 131072 I get an Event error <-22> on the transmit
side and no data to transferred. Changing values of -n and -a do not make
any difference.

2. When using a value of 1 for -a (so I suppose this is non-aio), I get an
Event error of <-32> on the transmit side and an <-104> on the receiver end.
Only some of the data is transferred.

3. For future reference, where can I find out what these Event error codes
mean to give me a glue of what's going wrong.

4. I sometimes see significant differences in the transfer speed reported on
the transmit and receiver ends. Is one more right than the other?

My system details are:
Two nodes with Dual Xeon 64-bit processors
HCA: MT25208 (in MT23108 compat mode) with 128MB of ram
OS: RHEL 4 (64-bit)
Gen2 stack version: trunk of 2113 (subversion revision number)

Thanks,

Steve.