[openib-general] NULL ptr derefence

Grant Grundler iod00d at hp.com
Thu Apr 14 16:58:13 PDT 2005

On Thu, Apr 14, 2005 at 11:39:17AM -0700, Roland Dreier wrote:
> If this crash is at all reproducible for you,

I tried to reproduce the crash with SVN r2168.
But I was only able to produce a "hang".
The one liner was:
	while :
	do
		date
		reload_ib
	done

"reload_ib" just unloads all the modules, loads ib_mthca, ib_ipoib
and ib_sdp modules, and lastly ifconfig's up the ib0/1 interfaces.

I had a "sleep 3" after 'date' and that ran for 10 minutes or
so with no problems. Without the sleep, it ran for 5 minutes
with no problem. I then ran "ping -f 10.0.0.113" from another
host just to get the target a bit busy and that hung the target
machine after a few minutes.

I've parked the reload_ib script, System.map, and "errdump init"
(ib_hang-2.6.11-pa1.txt) output on
	ftp://gsyprf10.external.hp.com/pub/openib/

I've got a couple other fires and administrivia to deal with
and won't be able to mess with this again today.

grant