[openib-general] performance tests uploaded to contrib

Michael S. Tsirkin mst at mellanox.co.il
Sun Apr 17 13:40:07 PDT 2005

Quoting r. Sayantan Sur <surs at cse.ohio-state.edu>:
> Subject: Re: [openib-general] performance tests uploaded to contrib
>
> Michael,
>
> > Current results:
> >
> > I currently observe latency below 3.5 usec.
> >
> > Drop me a note if you find this useful.
>
> Thanks for putting this up on the contrib tree. I have run this
> rdma_latency, and am getting around 3.35 us (without switch).
>
> Our platform is Dual Xeon EM64T with RH AS 4. Kernel version 2.6.11.7
>
> Do you have any idea when a port of the popular `perf_main' will be
> available? As more people try to use the Gen2 verbs, `perf_main' (or
> something similar) can help people evaluate different IB operations and
> also to have example code to use different features of IB.
>
> Thanks,
> Sayantan.

I dont plan to port the monolithic perf_main to gen2.

Instead, I plan to upload a set of microbenchmarks each testing
a specific feature: rdma latency/rc send latency/rdma bandwidth/rc send
bandwidth etc.

I hope that this will help achieve better code clarity than what we
have in perf_main.

What are the features you are most interested in?

By the way, you can already see some example code in libibverbs/examples,
although that is not necessarily benchmark-oriented.
I used the code in pingpong.c as a starting point for rdma latency
test, and it can be used with very little changes as rc send latency
test.

--
MST - Michael S. Tsirkin