[openib-general] RE: [BUG]OpenSM double free or corruption

Woodruff, Robert J robert.j.woodruff at intel.com
Tue Aug 2 15:35:40 PDT 2005

Roland wrote,
>This message is just a warning, not an error.  Does anyone have any
>suggestions on how to rephrase it to make it clear that this is not a
>fatal condition and that the driver is continuing to load?  Right now
>the kernel log will say:

>    HCA FW version 4.5.3 is old (4.6.2 is current).
>    If you have problems, try updating your HCA FW.

>- R.

I thought the message was fine. It told be what I needed to do.
I did have problems running opensm when the old firmware was in the
card. I was not sure if it was that the driver did not load all the way
or if it was something else, but it did not matter.
The message said, upgrade the firmware, I did and the problem went
away, so I was happy.

If you want to change the message to make it more clear that
the problem is not fatal, perhaps something like,

Warning: HCA FW version 4.5.3 is old (4.6.2 is current).
If you have problems, try updating your HCA FW.

my 2 cents,

woody