[openib-general] Re: [BUG]OpenSM double free or corruption

Michael S. Tsirkin mst at mellanox.co.il
Thu Aug 4 00:51:37 PDT 2005

Quoting r. Hal Rosenstock <halr at voltaire.com>:
> Subject: RE: [BUG]OpenSM double free or corruption
>
> Hi Woody,
>
> On Wed, 2005-07-27 at 11:48, Bob Woodruff wrote:
> > I don't have the log file, but it is easy to reproduce.
>
> I'm just getting back to this now.
>
> > Load the stack on an HCA that has old firmware
>
> I don't have an HCA with old firmware (what version ?) and I thought it
> was dangerous to downgrade firmware.

Its not *that* dangerous, but you have to know what you are doing.

You cant downgrade firmware in a failsafe manner. But by failsafe we
mean "safe even if it fails". There's no reason for downgrade to
fail more frequently than an upgrade.

You should be fine as long as you burn with flint -nofs (nonfailsafe) and dont
reboot or kill or reset the chip or the burner otherwise while in the process
of burning.
And there's actually a pretty good chance you'll be able to resume even
if you do, so long as you dont try to load the driver.

--
MST