[openib-general] Re: create several RC QPs with the same init attributes structure cau ses the init attribute structure to be changed

Roland Dreier rolandd at cisco.com
Wed Aug 3 12:36:35 PDT 2005

    Fab> Why doesn't this happen with UD/UC QPs?  Is inline data not
    Fab> supported on those?

I actually would expect it to happen for UC QPs, since the code path
is exactly the same.  For UD QPs, the WQE format is slightly
different, which explains the difference.

    Fab> Also, why does the size keep growing?  It seems that if you
    Fab> request 1 SGE, you get 28 bytes of max_inline.  If you then
    Fab> request 28 bytes of max_inline, you get 2 SGEs back, and 96
    Fab> bytes of max_inline.

You're right that there's something fishy.  It turns out our
calculation of the possible WQE size adds together several worst cases
that can't all happen at once.  I'll look at how to clean this up.

 - R.