[openib-general] OpenMPI question

Timothy S. Woodall twoodall at lanl.gov
Thu Aug 4 14:49:33 PDT 2005

Hello Steve,

> Will the various MPI implementations be ported to the openIB user verbs
> API?
> Or uDAPL?  From reading the FAQ it appears that MVAPICH2 will remain on
> udapl.   I'm curious about Open-MPI and LA-MPI?

There is a port of OpenMPI in the works to the gen2 openIB verbs. We're
interested in supporting uDAPL as well, but there is no active development
on
this that I'm aware of. We'd be glad to provide assistance if someone was
interested in taking this on...

We plan on phasing LA-MPI out as OpenMPI becomes available. So, we don't
have any plans to do this port.

Regards,
Tim