[openib-general] InfiniBand Test Project === IBTP ===

Amit Krig amitk at mellanox.co.il
Wed Aug 10 06:51:58 PDT 2005

Hi Matt,

I have updated the tree structure according to the replies I got (see
below), One change from the src tree is the ulp dir under the userspace
which I think is better.

In order to start sharing the tests we would need to open this project in
the svn tree.
>From Mellanox side I hope it will be simple to give Dotan Barak and My self
(Amit Krig) permission to commit tests to this project.

============

Hi All,

I would like to propos a new InfiniBand Test Project  === IBTP === The
proposed new dir can be under Gen2/trunk  =>

https://openib.org/svn/gen2/trunk/ibtp/

The project may contain the following tree

* tools (In this folder we will have all the scripts and automation
utilities)
* linux-kernel
	* infiniband
		* core
		* ulps
			* ipoib
			* sdp
			* srp
			* kdapl
		* iser
* userspace
	* useraccess
	* cm
	* management
		* osm
		* utils
	* ulps
		* udapl
		* mpi

 Each sub dir may have the following directories

			* doa (Basic and simple dead or alive tests, up to X
sec)
			* functional (Full flows & long tests)
			* bad machine (Destructive tests can not run in
parallel to other tests)
			* Scratch (New tests that did not integrated yet)
			* Doc

We should decide on the relevant document/format attached to each test such
as

	* README file
	* Test runner
	* Config file (will contain several cmd options to run the test and
maybe will be used by the external auto run script)

		 Amit Krig
	Mellanox Technologies
	SW/HW Design validation manager
	mailto:amitk at mellanox.co.il <mailto:amitk at mellanox.co.il>