[openib-general] [ANNOUNCE] Initial trunk checkin of ISERinitiator

Yaron Haviv yaronh at voltaire.com
Thu Aug 18 12:42:22 PDT 2005

Grant,

Currently kDAPL is the ONLY layer that can be abstracted over both IB &
iWarp, due to the different CM model of the two interconnects
iSER and NFS/RDMA are common to both IB & iWarp and are implemented to
run on both

Until OpenIB will define another layer that can be used for both, there
is no other viable alternative for iSER to be implemented on top
In future if a new common API/Layer will be provided iSER can change to
support it

Also appreciate your productive feedback on the code, the team will
address it

Yaron