[openib-general] [ANNOUNCE] Initial trunk checkin of ISERinitiator

Yaron Haviv yaronh at voltaire.com
Thu Aug 18 18:13:12 PDT 2005

Grant,

The Verb portion deals with the data path operations (after the
connection was established), the connection establishment process is
very different
IB CM is implemented on top of the verbs, an iWarp specific CM would
also need to be developed in parallel (interacts with the TCP stack ..),
and common ULPs need a single mechanism to use both (in the DAPL case a
BSD like API using IP addresses)

Again I'm not saying kDAPL is the ultimate solution or that it will last
in its current form, its just the only thing we can use today, if
someone would come with a better implementation we can just change iSER

In one of the previous threads I suggested building a hybrid layer that
uses the current verb APIs for verb type operations, and the DAPL code
for the connection establishment, resulting in a simpler/shorter code,
this would present a middle ground addressing the concerns on both sides

Yaron