[openib-general] Re: mpi drop in openib tree

Michael S. Tsirkin mst at mellanox.co.il
Tue Aug 23 10:58:38 PDT 2005

Quoting Dhabaleswar Panda <panda at cse.ohio-state.edu>:
> The code has been uploaded after extensive discussions with Matt, Hal,
> Roland, and Woody. In fact, we followed the steps given by Hal and
> Roland after personal discussions with them at the OpenIB meeting
> yesterday.

Well, an announcement wouldnt hurt next time, doing an update
and getting 100MB was a shock :)

Do you plan to use openib svn to develop mvapich from now on?

Some questions on the code:
- Could you please address the question of what looks like binary java libraries
under ./mpe/slog2sdk? I think we need to have the source, not binaries,
under subversion.

- ./mpid/nt_server/winmpd does not look like it belongs in linux tree

- Lots of directories have configure files in them. Again, these
  are generated so I think we shouldnt keep them under version control.

Thanks,

--
MST