[openib-general] mpi drop in openib tree

Roland Dreier rolandd at cisco.com
Tue Aug 23 14:53:51 PDT 2005

    Dhabaleswar> The code has been uploaded after extensive
    Dhabaleswar> discussions with Matt, Hal, Roland, and Woody. In
    Dhabaleswar> fact, we followed the steps given by Hal and Roland
    Dhabaleswar> after personal discussions with them at the OpenIB
    Dhabaleswar> meeting yesterday.

Without taking a position one way or another on whether MVAPICH should
be in the subversion repository, I would just like to note that the
discussions I participated on were very narrowly focused on helping
with the simple mechanics of how to add a new directory to the
subversion repository.

As for whether MPI should be in the OpenIB subversion tree or not, my
personal opinion is that having MPI there is only appropriate if the
svn tree is being used as the primary development source tree.  I
don't think it's appropriate to use the OpenIB svn server as a release
distribution mechanism.

 - R.