[openib-general] RDMA connection and address translation API

Tom Tucker tom at ammasso.com
Wed Aug 24 09:13:09 PDT 2005

I think I understand, but the purpose of specifying the IP address in
the listen is not to filter incoming connect requests, but rather to
determine which devices I listen on. I think this works for the IB case
as well. So the utility of the IP address specified in the listen is
only to determine which devices the sid is created on. Does this make
sense or am I missing something?

> By the way, an IP address/port does not necessarily select a
> single RDMA device.  It's a perfectly valid configuration to
> have 10 network interfaces all with the same local IP address.
>
>  - R.

Yes, and in this case, all devices with the same IP address would end up
listening in the same way that specifying a wildcard (0) would result in
multiple devices listening.