[openib-general] RDMA connection and address translation API

Roland Dreier rolandd at cisco.com
Wed Aug 24 09:26:42 PDT 2005

    Tom> I think I understand, but the purpose of specifying the IP
    Tom> address in the listen is not to filter incoming connect
    Tom> requests, but rather to determine which devices I listen
    Tom> on. I think this works for the IB case as well. So the
    Tom> utility of the IP address specified in the listen is only to
    Tom> determine which devices the sid is created on. Does this make
    Tom> sense or am I missing something?

Well, that's not what I would expect.  Suppose I have a device
configured with local addresses 192.168.11.12 and 192.168.98.99 and I
start listening for some service at the address 192.168.11.12.  I
don't think I should see a connection request if a remote system tries
to connect to 192.168.98.99 (even though it's the same network
interface as 192.168.11.12).

 - R.