[openib-general] RDMA connection and address translation API

James Lentini jlentini at netapp.com
Wed Aug 24 10:42:36 PDT 2005

On Tue, 23 Aug 2005, Roland Dreier wrote:

>         It would be possible to have another function like
>         rdma_getpeername() that takes the transport address and
>         returns a source IP address.  In the IB case this would do an
>         ATS reverse lookup.  However, I hate this idea.  iSER already
>         uses the CM private data to pass the source IP in the IB case,

I know this is how IB SDP works, but I don't think iSER works this
way.

The code in the tree calls dat_ep_connect() with a NULL private data
pointer.

There is an iSER HELLO message described in iser_header.h contains IP
addresses, but I'm not certain that this is part of the current
protocol (ISER_HELLO_LEN and ISER_HELLO_REPLY_LEN are unused).