[openib-general] RDMA connection and address translation API

Caitlin Bestler caitlinb at broadcom.com
Thu Aug 25 09:56:43 PDT 2005

Generic code MUST support both IPv4 and IPv6 addresses.
I've even seen code that actually does this.

So supporting GIDs is not that much of an issue as long
as no IB network IDs are assigned with a meaning that
conflicts with any reachable IPv6 network ID. (In other
words, assign GIDs so that they are in fact valid IPv6
addresses. Something that was always planned to be one
option for GIDs).