[openib-general] RDMA connection and address translation API

Guy German guyg at voltaire.com
Mon Aug 29 05:09:29 PDT 2005

Sean wrote:
> >>It looks like this would work.  If a client wanted to create multiple
> >>connections to the same remote service (for example, to separate control and
> >>data), then it seems more efficient to move the asynchronous at outside of the
> >>connect call.
> >>- Sean
>
> Thats a good point. What I had in mind was mainly simplicity for the
> consumer - save him dealing with another upcall.
>
> Maybe caching in at module would make things better, but I agree
> that for multiple connections to the same remote service, the
> asynchronous at aproach, seems more appropriate.

OTOH,
After thinking about it some more, there might be problems in letting
each and every consumer do his own caching. The at.c has a (non
implemented yet) mechanism with invalidate for caching tables.

Do we really want to let the consumer handle all the cases of routing
tables changing on the fly etc. or centralize it in one place (i.e
at.c) ?

What do you think, Sean ?

Guy