[openib-general] Re: Re: RDMA Generic Connection Management

Michael S. Tsirkin mst at mellanox.co.il
Mon Aug 29 13:45:31 PDT 2005

Quoting Caitlin Bestler <caitlinb at broadcom.com>:
> > APM might be one good reason to want to get more than one
> > path, would it not?
>
> But you would have to define automatic path migration in
> generic/transport neutral terms. I've actually come up with

I dont see a problem.

For the sake of this argument, lets assume APM cant be done with iWARP.
How is an iWARP card different from an HCA on a fabric where
there's only a single path to a specific node then?

I dont have the IB spec in front of me now - is APM support optional
or required in IB?

> If APM can only be defined for IB then it does not have
> to be addressed in the generic interface.

I dont see how you can layer this on top without
support for reporting multiple paths, so it
will need to be addressed as part of this module.

--
MST