[openib-general] RE: Re: RDMA Generic Connection Management

Caitlin Bestler caitlinb at broadcom.com
Mon Aug 29 13:53:27 PDT 2005

There is a very important difference.

The iWARP card *can* support automatic path migration
that is not visible to the RDMA layer -- i.e.,it can
move an L3 address to a new L2 address (port migration).

As such it is very different from an IB device where
all path migration that exists is visible.

Making it even more complex iWARP/SCTP could support
both L4 and L3 migration.