[openib-general] Re: SDP and Socket Options

Michael S. Tsirkin mst at mellanox.co.il
Tue Aug 30 00:21:33 PDT 2005

Quoting Majumder, Rajib <rajib.majumder at csfb.com>:
> Subject: SDP and Socket Options
>
> hello,
> i am trying to figure out, as of now, what socket stuff are NOT supported by SDP. this will help me identify the gaps between the 2.

When you say SDP, I assume you are talking about creating a socket
with the AF_INET_SDP family.

> can you point me toward some docs that may describe these gaps?

You'll have to look at the source. Get it here:
https://openib.org/svn/gen2/trunk/src/linux-kernel/infiniband/ulp/sdp/

Its actually not that big: around 16000 lines (including comments).
sdp_inet.c is a good starting point - thats where we register
the new protocol family. That file is 1461 lines.

> 1) what socket system calls are not supported?

I think all of them work at this point.

> 2) what socket options are not supported?

IPv6 addressing is probably the biggest omission.
This actually shouldnt be hard to fix, given enough interest.

I didnt look into this in depth yet, but I think SO_{RCV,SND}BUF
just set sk_rcvbuf/sk_sendbuf in the socket structure, which
then isnt used in any way.

> 3) other stuff - keepalives etc
> thanks.
> rajib

Keepalives is the only missing point that I know about.

--
MST