[openib-general] RE: SDP and Socket Options

Majumder, Rajib rajib.majumder at csfb.com
Tue Aug 30 03:03:57 PDT 2005

1) which sdp calls the "read" and "write" are mapped to?
2) sdp latency is quite high compared to other userspace socket implementation. The fastest socket has 2.26us latency over a SCI (IEEE 1596)link. Any plan for userspace?
3) Any plan for a socket layer over uDAPL?
4) Currently, IPoIB has huge cpu overhead for obvious reasons. Any plan for a module that will bypass kernel resident tcp/ip stack and at the same time support UDP over RC? UDP applications are benefitted from this. Currently, all IP multicast based middlewares use UDP.

thanks.

rajib