[openib-general] SDP and Socket Options

Tom Duffy Thomas.Duffy.99 at alumni.brown.edu
Tue Aug 30 08:19:17 PDT 2005

On Aug 29, 2005, at 11:34 PM, Majumder, Rajib wrote:
> 2) what socket options are not supported?

Most of them, actually.  The relevant piece of code should be
illuminating:

 From sdp_inet.c:1461

         switch (optname) {
         case TCP_NODELAY:
                 conn->nodelay = value ? 1 : 0;

                 if (conn->nodelay > 0)
                         (void)sdp_send_flush(conn);

                 break;

< snip SDP specific options >

         default:
                 sdp_warn("SETSOCKOPT unimplemented option <%d:%d>
conn <%d>.",
                          level, optname, conn->hashent);
                 break;
         }

I think we should fail these all other options and not just print a
warning and return.  Until we can characterize all of them.

So, set result to -ENOPROTOOPT instead of just breaking.

-tduffy